1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

dim head light

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by BigLou80, Dec 29, 2010.

1. BigLou80

BigLou80 Senior Member

My drivers side head light is very dim, high or lo beam doesn't matter. The passenger side headlight seems to be working fine. The plow has been on the truck for years and has has dim headlights in the past with only an occasional wiggling of the plug needed to rectify the situation.

Any ideas where to start looking ?

2. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

bad ground for that light

3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Un plug the light connectors at the headlamps, look for loose pins in the connectors or weak wires. Snap back together. Do the same at the ISO.

4. BigLou80

BigLou80 Senior Member

I have done both of those things and nothing obvious but I will play with the ISO end a little more tomorrow. Im hoping its a ground issue but I don't know where to look.

5. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

run a quick jumper ground from the head light to your truck battery to verify it before you go crazy

6. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I had the exact same problem and it ended up being the connection between the truck and plow.Replaced the 9 pin connector and no more problems