1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

dim head light 01 ram 1500

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by pongo70205, Nov 25, 2011.

1. pongo70205

pongo70205 Junior Member

hello I am new to this site, But I have a problem that I see is common on some dodge ram 1500 from what I have been reading here. the drivers head light is dim when I connect the plow harness from the module to he head light. if I take it off it works fine. in other words the lights work normal if they are factory. but as soon as I connect the plow harness it dims. this is with out the plow connected to the truck. with plow on the truck , the light on the head gear is off completely. I have not checked that for bulb on plow side .

I have a 2001 dodge ram 1500 short bed extd cab, with the 5.9L automatic. the plow is a fisher mm 2 3 plug system. the wiring harness if for the H 1 head light and 4 port isolation module. I connected it all based on the diagram from the fishers site for the instact pump that is what is on the head gear.

thank you for your help .I am not sure how this site works but I will find it again, so please forgive me if I don't reply right away.

2. LON

LON Senior Member

Configuration plug for positive based headlights?

3. pongo70205

pongo70205 Junior Member

I tried that already switching the outer wires on the config plug but no reaction still same.

4. LON

LON Senior Member

5. pongo70205

pongo70205 Junior Member

6. LON

LON Senior Member

still have to see if the wires are in the right place.