1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Digital volt gauge that plugs into cigarette lighter port

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by broke down, Feb 8, 2012.

1. broke down

broke down Junior Member
    from se wi

Hey guys I have read somewhere on here,but of course can't find now, guys were talking of a gauge they can plug in to the cigarette lighter or power port to give you a volt reading. I have a few questions who makes them and where do you get them and when plugged in the reading you get is what your charging system is at,so is it a better than factory volt gauge?Seems to me this would be a very handy thing to have in the old toolbox. Thanks for the help guys.

2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

i have never heard of them but would love to know where to get one

3. tjslider

tjslider Member

Check out HERE

Check out the bottom half of the page. Haven't used one myself, have used their other gauges though.

TJ

"If you can't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them." - Unknown

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Try Amazon. I know I've seen them there before

5. forbidden

forbidden Senior Member

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

7. broke down

broke down Junior Member
    from se wi

Thanks for the help guys I will try some of the suggestions out later today

8. chuckraduenz

chuckraduenz Senior Member

i got mine at walmart plugs into the cig outlet and show charging voltage. think its like $20

i would recomend one that is hardwired....

9. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

Personally I like the plig in ones. E-bay or walmart is all good. I use to monitor the draw when plowing. Tells me a lot about electric motor draw, pumps-fluid problems, electrical connections, ect, Often times there are warning signs long before failure. Can even tell if starter is starting to drag, ect.