1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Digital display not working for climate control...help!!!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Fordman2011, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Fordman2011

Fordman2011 Member
    from 45356

I got a 91 chevy 2500 and the digital display for the heater/ac isn't working. All the fuses are good and I already took off the negative terminal for a few minutes to reset everything. i need heat to plow snow!! Please help!!!!

2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Press buttons until warm air comes out of the vents. The display is probably dead.

3. Fordman2011

Fordman2011 Member
    from 45356

I have been pressing the hell outta them and I have gotten nothing

4. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

d Jo have a test light is there power there

5. Fordman2011

Fordman2011 Member
    from 45356

Power to the display?

6. Smokie

Smokie Junior Member
    from Mass

I have a 93 Suburban with the digital display, and it went out also.
    you have to do a little work, to find this connector, but I bet this is your problem.
    Do you know the center vent section where your equalizer, cd player or tape deck would go? Remove that.
    Also, remove the heater control. In between these two openings, is a 6 pin connector with 4 wires. From my pictures they look black, brown, tan and white. It is actually behind the plastic between these two openings. If this is the problem, pull both sides through a hole behind the heater controls to splice the bad ends.
    I attached a couple of pictures. In one, I circled the plug, and also where to pull them through to fix. Not enough wire to do it anywhere else. The other picture shows the burned connector. Good Luck.

IMG_2043B.jpg

IMG_2045.JPG

7. Smokie

Smokie Junior Member
    from Mass

Well? Any update?

8. Fordman2011

Fordman2011 Member
    from 45356

Oh sorry... I thought I replied. I did get it fixed and it was the control module itself. I bought a used one for 30 bucks from the junk yard and I got amazing heat now! Thanks for the help. Sorry it took me so long to reply

9. Smokie

Smokie Junior Member
    from Mass

Good deal.
    When mine broke, I bought a used one I think for $60. Then when I went to put it in, it was working. Then when it stopped again is when I found the bad wire. Glad to hear you got it fixed.

10. Fordman2011

Fordman2011 Member
    from 45356

Well hopefully I do not run into that