1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Digital Dash Problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by gitzenlandscape, Jan 22, 2001.

1. gitzenlandscape

gitzenlandscape Junior Member

I have a 1990 s10 Pickup with a digital dash that has stopped working. Nothing on the dash works. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or if you think it's the dash, wiring, or computer?

2. 85w/350

85w/350 Senior Member

blown fuse?

3. gitzenlandscape

gitzenlandscape Junior Member

I haven't been able to find a fuse that supplies the whole dash.

4. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Any good electronic rerpair shop should be able to repair the dash,or you coyld get a reman unit.Costs should run in the 169-300 range,Ive have seen about 5 go out completely now,all had way over 150k on them when they did.

5. bandit_36

bandit_36 Junior Member

digital dash

This was a very common problem in the S10's. Remanufactured ones where hard to come by & very costly. We sent them in for repair to save our customers money. It took about 3 to 4 days to get them back & the truck can be driven without it if it is necessary. They will ask for the approximate milage.