1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Digital/changes color trans temp gauge

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by MowingisMaddnes, Dec 11, 2008.

1. MowingisMaddnes

MowingisMaddnes Member

Looking to install transmission temperature gauges on my plow trucks. Already have a Auto Meter 4357 Gauge Ultra-Lite Trans Temp 2 1/16 in purchased.

I am planning on buying 3 more. Wondering if I should buy all the same or mix it up and try some of the stuff listed below???

This one looks cool Glow Shift Blue Digital Trans Temperature Gauge

Anyone using the Glow Shift gauges?

Another Glow Shift, changes 7 different colors...

MAR4CARS Senior Member

Glow shift is junk .. we became a dealer for them and test out the products on our own trucks before marketing them had several gauges fail they replaced them then the replacements failed.
  3. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

Stick with the autometer gauges. I have the ultralite series on my truck for fuel pressure, boost, trans temp, and exh temp and have had no problems.
  4. ght1098

ght1098 Member

I have blue digital gages, I don't remember what brand, but they are not "Glow Shift". I have found that the light segments "burn out" and they are way too bright in the cab at night. I actually put 3 layers of window tinting on them and they are still bright. I have a analog Mookee (sp) in another vehicle and love that gage. If I were you I would stay away from the digital ones. JMO