1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Difficulty?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by anythinglabor, Sep 19, 2013.

1. anythinglabor

anythinglabor Junior Member

There is a little baby straight blade 6' or so MEYER plow for sale (CHEAP)

I have 3 Chevy's, 1of them is only a k1500 and this little plow would do OK on the truck. The Plow comes with the set up for a dodge Dakota, how difficult would it be for me to get it to work on a 98 k1500 (silverado) with MINIMAL money. Anything possible can and will be done to save cash. Appreciate the input (in advanced)
    -Tim

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Really, am I reading this right? U want to put a 72in blade on a truck that is close to 80in wide?

3. anythinglabor

I'm not sure, I think it might be bigger than 6'. I've never plowed before, this will be my first year. I bought a 98 3/4 ton with a v-plow that I'm having trouble with, and I'm looking to get a back up plow truck in case their is an issue with that one. I'm just looking to clear the snow at the end of the driveway after the City plow goes by, there are about 100+ people that pay 10$ for this service alone. Let me know the size requirements and I'll go measure it? thanks.
    - Tim

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

You would need at minimum a 7'6 plow to stay in its plow tracks. That 6'6" just ain't big enough
    Try and fix the V plow first

5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

That plow is meant for Bronco II and S10 Blazers and compact pickups. Small SUV's / trucks for tight spots and limited BIG DOG plowing. They are great for Condo's and driveways. You only have 3 foot sweet spot with them plowing. It would take more time then it's worth. The trip springs are twice the price of regular springs. They eat them on a regular basis.

6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

In order to have a backup plow that will fit on the truck incase the main plows goes down you need to have the same plows. It would cost way to much to change a mount and wiring from 1 manufacture to work on another.

Take the V plow in while the weather is good and have them diagnose the problem.

7. anythinglabor

you misunderstood, i have 3 trucks, one only has plow on it. trying to get a different truck going. thanks for input anyway.

tim