1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Difficulty hooking/unhooking Boss Plow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Kaiser, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Junior Member

I have a 2010 Tundra with a new Standard Duty Boss plow. It works well but there are a couple of annoying issues that I am hoping you guys can help with.
    1.My driveway has a slight angle so the truck is pointing downhill when attaching/detaching. Sometimes I have difficulty getting it on and then again getting it off.
    2. The wiring harness is down low next to the push bar. As a result, when stacking snow, if I'm not careful and raise the bar too soon snow catches the harness and pulls it off the truck. Not a huge deal but I have to then get out and reattach it. Has anybody had these issues and found a solution?
  2. ppkgmsy

ppkgmsy Member
    from Vermont

I also park my truck facing downhill. When I detach the plow, I position it on cinder blocks.
  3. DStrabb

DStrabb Member
    from MI

A floor jack can be your best friend mounting and in mounting a Boss. I would try to reroute your plugs up higher.
  4. Ieatsno

Ieatsno Junior Member

When lowering the stand lift the plow slightly and go one extra hole in the stand, if not your height will not be enough to clear the receiver, this happens a lot on a lot of our plows.
  5. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

Remount the harness up in the grill where it belongs