1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

different wiper arms

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by RBRONKEMA GHTFD, Jan 3, 2010.

1. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Hey guys, I've been doing some thinking. Now that I have to park outside due to the fact my truck is to long to fit inside. Is it possible to put different wiper arms on my 04, like the ones in 01 and 02? I want my wipers to be off my windshield at night so I can just take my sno-broom and clean everything up. Plus while out plowing I occationally will get snow under the wipers from them cleaning the windshield. Is this possible?

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I dont see why you couldnt. They come off pretty easy. The wipers dont have the ability to angle up off the window on the newer trucks?? The cabs didnt change from 00-07 so go for it.

3. lawnproslawncar

lawnproslawncar Senior Member

Buy vibrators for your wipers. (everyone: get your mind out of the gutter) I mean it. You can get them from the same vendor that is sponsoring the carbide curb guards

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

They do, but only about 2 to 3 inches. I'd like it if they pick up like the 01 style. This way I can take my sno-broom and clear the snow from underneath them.

What????????? I've never heard of these.

5. lawnproslawncar

I'm surious guys they are better than heated wipers...which suck

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Can you post a link?

7. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Yes you can switch them over. Why GM went to that design is beyond me.

8. lawnproslawncar

When I get in the office and on something other than a blackberry I sure can.
    I'm going to have to dig for it.

9. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

I have an 01 lifting the wiper arms to far will hit the (engine) hood...Dinging or scratching it..
    Just a little info ...

10. lawnproslawncar

11. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

12. lawnproslawncar

Don't they flip up? Or does the hood impeade that? I don't know why chevy designed a wiper that you can't flip up and it will stay up

13. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

if it's hitting on your 01 then you need to adjust them up an inch, they dont hit on factory 99-02

14. lawnproslawncar

Do the 2000 silverados retract when u shut them off? Mine don't, and when they get loaded up with snow they will occasionally end up shutting off mid way up the window.

15. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Well my biggest issue is when plow the snow comes up over the top of the plow and onto the windshield. I just want my wipers to go up higher than 3 inches off the windshield. stupid design.

16. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

The GMC HD's dont have the Chevy 01-02 powerdome hood, so that will not be an issue with his.

I had a couple cars with the wipers that dont lift all the way. Sucks arse to say the least.