1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Different Width A Frames?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by nwmoguy, Dec 8, 2011.

1. nwmoguy

nwmoguy Junior Member

I met a guy today to sell my Meyer mount I have, its for a late model chevy, Model #17111
    The guy was looking at it and then he went and measured the one he had on his Ford truck and the part where the A-Frame attaches to the truck side was about 6" closer together than mine?

He said his is for sure a Meyer plow and I know my mount is a Meyer mount, its a Meyer Classic, is it possible he has a different brand of A frame or did they just change to a different design? it looked just like mine but the part of the A frame that meets the truck would have been about 6" or more narrower?

Do I just have an old plow or what?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  2. nwmoguy

nwmoguy Junior Member

here is a pic of what im talking about since I dont know all the technical jargon, this is not my actual mount just a mount picture I got off google for a reference, the parts where the A frame attach are where the red spots are at on his mount instead of being where they are in this picture. I understand there are differences from vehicle mounts but I didnt realize there were different widths of A frame to truck mount

[​IMG]

3. Michaelzz28

Michaelzz28 Member
    from Ohio

maybe this will explain it!

meyer-a-frame-dimensions.jpg

4. nwmoguy

nwmoguy Junior Member

oh ok so there were different widths, thats not good since I am looking for a mount for my truck and I already own the plow and A-Frame.

5. Michaelzz28

Michaelzz28 Member
    from Ohio

what year and make of truck you looking for?

6. nwmoguy

nwmoguy Junior Member

1992 Ford F250 4X4, Meyer 17098

7. Michaelzz28

Michaelzz28 Member
    from Ohio

you need this:

Mounting Carton: 17098
    MTG FORD F250 92-98 4WD CLASSI

MTG FORD F250 92-98 4WD CLASSI

notice it is a 23.50 width that is what your chevy had I have the same plow mount

Sector/A-Frame Carton: 16505
    SAF EZ CLASSIC 11X34X23.50

SAF EZ CLASSIC 11X34X23.50

8. nwmoguy

nwmoguy Junior Member

yeah you are correct, I just went out and measured and they are 23.5" center to center

I found a plow mount in KC and I am going to look at it tomorrow, I am expecting a call from the guy tonight and I will have him measure to make sure it is 23.5 so I dont drive close to two hours to find out its the wrong one lol