1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

different ways to advertise

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by mikeplowman, Oct 26, 2011.

1. mikeplowman

mikeplowman Senior Member

just wondering how you all advertise for res. plowing (besides yellow pages)?

i personally have my business postcards that i put on those wire flags you can get from the home depot and stick them next to mailboxes. plus i have stickers on my truck with my company name and #.

i figured that you can put them in the mailbox and when homeowners get their mail. they usally just consider in to be junk mail and toss it. (plus i was also been fined from the u.s. mail for doing so without stamps on them, needless to say i learned my lessonThumbs Up)
    so i came up with the flag idea so people would have to actually touch and read and then....toss:)
  2. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 Junior Member

I don't advertise for snow removal. I advertise for lawn service and landscaping during the season then at the end of October I send out a flyer about our snow romoval service along with their October bill. I have never needed to advertise for snow removal and I stay very busy when the snow starts flying.
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

All depends on how much cash you want to spend.