1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Different use of a SS.

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by cretebaby, Jan 21, 2011.

1. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

I thought this was interesting.

2. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Ive seen pictures of an old farmall used for the same thing. They put a set of rail wheels on the front of the loader and they lowered the pressure in the back tires. It was definately a more primitive version of this. This one they adapted an actual highrail setup from a truck onto it.
  3. tailboardtech

tailboardtech Senior Member

my dad had a john Deere AR i believe for years that was owned by the Baltimore& Ohio RR that could be run on the tracks you had to get off an manually crank the wheels down. he sold it to a guy up in lancaster pa i still remember the rear wheels had tractor tires that were worn down in one spot from all the rail miles that poor thing had on it i imagine that thing will do the same thing just alot quicker