1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Different Paint Colors?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by chcav1218, Aug 6, 2008.

1. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

OK heres the deal. im repainting my plow, and my girlfriend is an awesome artist, so would it be illegal and/or unsafe to have her paint the plow black with come crazy teeth and such on it? Im considering putting some yellow paint or reflective paint along the edges to to make sure everything is visible at night. Let me know your thoughts.

Or even something like this is AWEOSME!

http://www.iuk.edu/~koocm/sep06/Snow Plow Painting 006.jpg

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Might ask a State Trooper / Policeman about it.
    I seen one painted to look like a cow catcher on a train. It looked too cool.
    I had tiger stripes with black marker at on point on mine.
    I see " THINK SNOW" all the time.
    My marker masts have wraps of 1 inch reflective tape every 2 inches up them.

3. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

i wouldnt bother asking any cops about it.... iv been told one thing from our "law enforcement" then got writen tickets for it , in other towns...

id say you can paint it what ever you want.... i would also say the the colors, white and yellow, would be fine, because its the front of your truck... id stay away from others, however i have reflective lettering on one of my trucks.... so id say thats a toss up

but honestly... if you plow, ur her paint job might be lucky to last 1 yr