1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Difference in yellow and green label Isolation Module?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by gmcsierra1500, Dec 20, 2006.

1. gmcsierra1500

gmcsierra1500 Senior Member
    from CT

what is the difference in the yellow and green label Isolation Module? Could this be what is causing me to have no low beams on my plow? i have a 2000 GMC Sierra with a yellow label isolation module, and i was told i need to replace the module, and wiring harness to get my low beams to work when everything else on the plow already works

2. Al DeMaio

Al DeMaio Junior Member

Yellow Isolation Module vs Green Label

The yellow isolation module is the correct module for a 2000 "Sierra" or New Body Style truck. If you have an old body style or the "Classic" you need a white label isolation module. The green label module superceded the yellow in 2003. If your lights are not working correctly and you have the "New Body" style Sierra the problem is most likely other than the module.

3. Theo Epstein

Theo Epstein Member

Welcome Al Demaio to PlowSite. Good to see you. Watch out for some of those guys up north that invite you to the Pats game and then get you in trouble with your better half! They're lerking out there, and you know who they are!

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

LOL ahhahahahahhahahah

5. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Check your grounds and that you have the configuration plug the correct way. Use a jumper to go see if it works on the other terminal.

6. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

You don't need the Green Label with a 2000 GM truck, you need the Yellow Label. You'd be throwing money out the window by replacing it. Where did you get the headlight harness for the truck?

7. gmcsierra1500

from CT

I got the light harness and isolation module used, all the lights on the truck work right and the all the lights on the plow work except the low beams, and thank you for anwsering so quickly i was debating on spending the $260 for the new modual and light harness

8. gmcsierra1500

from CT

well maby someone can tell me if these are the right harnesses i need for the yellow label isolation module, my light harness service part numbers are 26351 for port 3 and 2635 for port 4

9. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

My low beams don't work either on my new plow. i have an 04 GMC. I can't figure anything out.

10. doh

doh Senior Member

We just had that problem it was the lack of a "configeration plug" But I am not sure with a Fisher though.

11. Antnee77

from RI

If I'm not mistaken, you need the 26360-1 and 26361-1 harness kits for your truck. It can get really confusing sometimes. Have you called your local Fisher dealer yet to find out if you have the right one?

12. gmcsierra1500

from CT

i was at my dealer last week and they said i have the wrong module, but im hearing different from alot of people on here, unfotunatly at 2 in the morning today their place burned down

13. Al DeMaio

Al DeMaio Junior Member

Wrong Harnesses

You have the wrong harnesses...........the module is right. Visit Fisher's web site www.fisherplows.com do a search for # 8437-1 and it will show the harness numbers you need. You do not need the -1 to make them work on that vehicle. Sounds like someone used this harness on an older vehicle (Classic Style) and changed the 3 & 4 harnesses. Y ou might want to check your #1 harness by the fuses. There is what fisher calls a configuration plug, if it has a red wire that loops around, someone did exactly what I said. It should have a dummy with no wire. If you need the harnesses for your module I may have some used ones kicking around. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON A MODULE YET

14. Antnee77

from RI

What he said ^.

I forgot that I do have a pair of headlight harnesses lying around, but I am pretty sure they are not the right ones. These are for a 2001-2002 GM 2500HD.

15. gmcsierra1500

from CT

well thank you to everyone that has helped me so far, Al DeMaio the #1 harness is new so that does not have a configuration plug, were in MA are you, and could you please check to see if you have the harness that i need? acording to fishers web site the PN# are 26360-1, and 26361-1 thanks

16. Al DeMaio

Al DeMaio Junior Member

I do have those harnesses without the -1, they are the original harnesses and will work. you can call our store at 413-593-3635, we are located in Chicopee and have daily UPS pick up