1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

difference in e57 and e47

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by thebluemule, Jan 17, 2012.

1. thebluemule

thebluemule Junior Member
    from erie pa

Hey guys,
    I posted this question in the truck/equipment forum heading but maybe this is the better place to ask. I have an e47 meyers pump on our 99 dodge cummins dump. We run fisher's for the most part so meyers are new to me. I got a seal kit today from the meyers dealer today to reseal my e47 pump (leaking at lift ram. ram looks good with no pitting but i think water got in through loose fittings and froze). When i got home to tear into rebuilding this pump, the parts blowup picture says it is for an e57, not an e47. Are the internal seals (especially around the top lift ram) the same between the two or am i gonna have to go make an exchange at the dealer?

2. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

An e57 is an e47 with a different gear pump and an e60 motor. All seals around lift ram and tank will be the same.
  3. thebluemule

thebluemule Junior Member
    from erie pa

Thank you sir!