1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

difference in e57 and e47

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by thebluemule, Jan 17, 2012.

1. thebluemule

thebluemule Junior Member
    from erie pa

hello guys,
    long time plower,
    first time poster

I am trying to reseal my e47 meyers plow pump before a storm coming up. I went to the meyers dealer today and got a kit to reseal (mine is leaking around the lift ram from water getting in a fitting). I opened the package and the parts blowup page says its for an e57 pump. I know i told him e47 and he asked me again to verify it. So, would the seals be the same (i know the two pumps are somewhat similar) and its no biggie, or was it an honest mistake by the parts guy and i gotta go exchange it?

Thanks guys

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Main difference is the motor and pump itself. All the tank parts should be the same.

3. thebluemule

thebluemule Junior Member
    from erie pa

So you think the seal kit for a e57 will work on my e47 ? I am trying to get it sealed up asap but I dont want to take it apart and not be able to put it together tonight.

Thanks guys

4. kimber750

I am 99% sure the parts you need for your E47 tank are the same as the E57.

5. kimber750