1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

difference in e-60 motors

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by rangermann17, Nov 16, 2009.

1. rangermann17

rangermann17 Junior Member

i was looking on ebay for a motor for my e-60 Quik lift mine has a single post on the motor and the ground goes on the case the ones on ebay have 2 posts on the motor. will that motor work on mine? or should i keep looking and get a single post?

2. WeDoSnowplowing

WeDoSnowplowing Senior Member

3. rangermann17

so would it be better to have the double stud with the 2 grounds or does it not really matter? does the single stud have ground problems?

4. WeDoSnowplowing

The 2 grounds are better due to the corosion B/T motor plate & Motor Mounting Plate. Sometime with 1 ground on the case Motor does not get a good ground. 1 ground is on the Sump Base or case & other is on the motor.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The unit with a grounded motor (two ground) will last longer and so will your gear pump.

6. rangermann17

im going to get the double stud motor thanks guys for all your help

7. WeDoSnowplowing

Your Welcome. Must sure get the power cable plugs for it.