1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

difference in 3-pin 28v compared to new model?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Tedd, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Tedd

Tedd Member
    from CT

Hello guys, I am looking at a 3 year old 28v that a dealer has brand new. He said it is a 3 pin set up and I think I read that they have updated since then. I would just like to know what the difference is and also is the plow okay to clear dirt drives because I have a customer who has a rough dirt road and I was worried that the center would take a beating. The dealer wants 3,000 plus tax. Thanks for any advise. Tedd

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Tedd,

The model that you are describing if 3 years old would be an HTV model. Differences between it and the current production 28V model would be as follows:
    1. different mounting system
    2. different light harness system
    Other than that everything else should be the same. As far as running on dirt, it is important that the plow be set up properly. The center tower must be vertical and it should be run with all 3 skid shoes to perform properly. The center is a poly material that will flex and absorb impacts and loads that come into the plow. It is designed to take abuse. I thank you for your interest in our products.

3. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

I like the the new Sno Way avatar you added Toby Looks SHAWEET :D

RCGM
    Brad

4. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

that seems like a decent price for a brand new v plow. Even though it is 3 years old.