1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Difference between White and Green Isolation Modules?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by powderboy, May 28, 2008.

1. powderboy

powderboy Junior Member
    from NJ

I'm upgrading my ride from a 1992 1500 Blazer to a 2005 Avalanche. The Western dealer tells me that I need the (Green) Isolation Module for the Avalanche, which means that I need to buy a new 27780 kit. I currently have the 8438 kit with the White Isolation Module in the Blazer. (4-port modules).

The configuration matrix in the "Plug-In Harness and Adapter Kit Parts Lists and Diagrams" Manual (Lit. No. 27768) shows that the 8438 and 27780 kits are exactly the same except for the different Isolation Module - the headlight harnesses and all other wiring is the same. The only difference in the installation instructions appears to be that the 27780 uses the dust cover whereas the 8438 uses the configuration plug, and the 27780 hooks to the the DRLs whereas the 8348 does not.

I don't care about using the DRLs with the plow attached and was wondering if I could somehow reuse the White Isolation Module and just not hook up the DRL connection. Does anyone know the technical differences between the White and Green Isolation Modules? Does anyone have an internal electrical diagram for these modules? If I had the diagrams I might be able to figure out how to make it work and would gladly pass on the details ...

Thanks.