1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

difference between relay system and iso system

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Mattsautobody, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Mattsautobody

Mattsautobody Member

was wondering what the real difference between the relay harness and the iso mod harness is

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

here is the different between a rely and a ISO harness. The pictures show the different.

ISO components and harness

iso.jpg

Relay components and harness

reharne.jpg

iso.jpg

reharne.jpg

3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

The iso mod is basically a group of sealed relays that has be configured for use with either a high drive or low drive lighting system.

4. twinman326

I figure pictures would be easier

5. pyro29

pyro29 Member

The real difference is that a relay system uses the power that the truck supplies, through the headlamp/dimmer switch and turn signal / multi-function switch to power the plow lights where the iso module system uses unadulterated power from the truck/battery to power these lights and only uses the truck's switched power to trip relays thereby taking the electrical load off the headlamp/dimmer/multi function switches.

6. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

nobody mentioned the "easy hookup" for the iso system?

7. twinman326

that not hard to figure out.......Post #2 shows that.

8. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

i can barely see the wires in those pictures..... let alone the wording

9. Mattsautobody

Mattsautobody Member

so it's basically even more plug and play then the relay system.. i wonder what the cost is between the two.. because i really am getting lazy and don't wanna do a whole bunch of extra work to retrofit the harness to the newer harness...

10. Mattsautobody

Mattsautobody Member

to the newer truck i mean

11. twinman326