1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Difference between F250 and F350?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Hoopsfan, Aug 31, 2002.

1. Hoopsfan

Hoopsfan Junior Member

Being new to Ford's, what is the big difference between the F250 and the F350?
  2. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

About $1500 in price, a slightly higher weight rating, and about 2 inches of clearance. All parts appear to be identical otherwise. This has been a topic of great discussion on Ford-Diesel , if you want to learn about Fords, this is the place to be! A word of caution: It's VERY addictive!!!:nono:
  3. Brickman

Brickman Senior Member

Hey Hoops I just posted a long winded post on Lawn Site on your question there. If you have any more questions email me, I will try to find the anwsers.
  4. Hoopsfan

Hoopsfan Junior Member

Thanks Brickman, I saw it. I appreciate all your help. I've decided to go with the 350 V10 4.3 axle. The guys on the Ford site recommended the 4.3 over the 3.73. Might burn more fuel but I think I'll be happier with the 4.3.
  5. Brickman

Brickman Senior Member

Good luck man. I know you will like your new truck. I have a 3.73 with my PS. The only time I wish for a different rear is when I am over loaded, (I do it all the time) and trying to start off on a hill. The rest of the time I roll right along. Dunno on the V 10, but with the PS you got enough balls the 3.73 rear would give a little better milage. I have a 75 HP upgrade chip on my PS, I get 8 and 9 mpg loaded. By loaded I mean about 15K empty and 24K to 29K loaded. But then I drive balls to the wall too.
  6. fredhedd

fredhedd Member

after doing much research for myself, i ahve found that the only difference in the two of them are the spacer blocks in the back and the tire size. this allows ford to put a higher gvwr on the truck. if you have any more questions on specs let me know. i have pages upon pages on the smallest details.