1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Difference between 8'2" and 9'2"

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by GB350, Jan 9, 2010.

1. GB350

GB350 Junior Member

What is the difference between these two besides just the blades.
    I would like to have a 9'2" instead of my 8'2". Can I just order the new 9'2"
    blades and put them on my 8'2" or are the hydralics, motor, settings, or etc different.
  2. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Seriously though, they are identical, except for the length of the moldboards. I switched out 7'6" moldboards for 8'2" moldboards a few years ago. Everything else is the same.
  3. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Why not just add wings?
  4. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

:laughing: i wanted to say that
  5. Everything is the same. Wait take that back the 9 2 is a foot wider. Lol I had to.
  6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

GB- adding slip on wings would be much much less expensive option and give you more productivity overall then going wider with new 9.2 wings (which yes you can do). A cost difference of about $1000.
  7. GB350

GB350 Junior Member

I will be adding the slip on wings to the new 9'2" moldboards also.
  8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can go right ahead and do both with no problem. As long as your checkbook will cooperate. :D