1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Difference between 3 port and 4 port module?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by JFon101231, Jan 12, 2012.

1. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

I did some searching, and couldn't find anything. Is one better than the other? If so, why?

I know there are 2 plug (old and the multiplex) as well as 3 plug setups, and I think modules are not used in the old 2 plug setups, but beyond that I'm lost.

Thanks!

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The 3 ports are just a more compact version of a 4 port. As truck model years progressed there was less and less underhood space for accessories so making them smaller was virtually a requirement.

3. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

OK so tag along question - is the only difference between a 3 port and 4 port setup the module and the headlight harness which is combined into one harness rather than two?

It doesn't seem that the eMatch program lists all the wiring components I would need - where does one find this info? It seems it only provides the other parts of the system...

4. bbct001

bbct001 Member

Correct

E-match only shows what you need to purchase. Control wires and such all come with the plow, so their not listed individually.

Go the the main Fisher web site. On the upper right hand corner click "e search", everything you need should be there.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You didn't specify which system you're piecing together but..

If it's a 3 plug see here: 3 plug

And if it's a two plug Multiplex system see here: 2 plug multiplex

Give them a second to load, there's allot of info on each one.

6. plowsmart

plowsmart Junior Member
    from Ohio

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Same thing I already posted, except I didn't plug my company (again) to do it. :rolleyes:

8. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine