1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Diesels and chevies

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by crabber, Feb 22, 2000.

1. crabber

crabber Junior Member

A friend and I are currently installing a Diesel on an '80 K20 chassis. Has anyone seen a 353 Detroit in pickup? My friend put one in his '51 power wagon. Sweet screemer!

2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Ok,I'll bite.What is the displacement.How heavy is it,what is HP and torque.What kind of trans will you be using.I love it when a big motor and little chassis get married,it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.Good luck with swap,give updates as you go.Now if I could just add a foot or two to the front of my Dodge,I know I could sqeeze in that 3406G CAT. LOL John D<p>----------<br>John D<br>

3. crabber

crabber Junior Member

A 353 Is a three cylinder. What we call a skee-wee. It has 153 cubic inches, about 100 horses (according to injectors), and about 300 'lbs of torque. It is also 2 cycle and has a blower for aspiration. By the way John my friend just sold his 3406T. Have you ever seen fire come out of a six inch pipe? That kitty cat was pumped. Better beef up your suspension.