1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Diesel?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by qualitylandscap, Dec 7, 2007.

1. qualitylandscap

qualitylandscap Member

Who has the highest mpg diesel in a pick up in the 07.5-08? Duramax, Powerstroke, or Cummins.

2. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

from everything i have read and no personal experience the duramax is the winner.

3. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

Cummins
    not even close
    Cummins (Dodge) gets the best, Ford's(PSD) get the worst.
    Duramax (Chevy) in the middle but closer to Ford than Dodge.

Mileage only, Dodge wins in a walkaway.

4. TEX

TEX Senior Member

cummins for sure.

5. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

i thought that the cummins got worse than the duramax? of course the 5.9 got better, but he is talking about the 6.7.

6. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

oh, good point, I missed the 6.7 point:blush2:
    Not sure on that, havn't seen anyone with a new 6.7, i would still bet on better out of the cummins.
    The inline 6 is a better diesel design, more power with less waste (fewer moving parts, fewer bearing surfaces, easier to cool, etc)

7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I will second what LC said!!

8. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

Well, you can't really tell now as not many of these trucks are broken in. I have an 08 and i get roughly 18 highway doing 65. Now this number will go up once i have 15-20k miles on it. I only have 1k on it now.

9. TEX

TEX Senior Member

another thing is the new DPF im sure when its full or close to full you MPG does to the crapper.:realmad:

10. dmerrell89

dmerrell89 Junior Member

duramax...