1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

diesel vibration in cab - help

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by rodnbow1, Jan 10, 2002.

1. rodnbow1

rodnbow1 Junior Member

I have an 84 c20 that is very loud inside the cab at 35 to 45 mph and again at anything over 60. Is there anything I can do to eliminate this horrendous noise?

2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

My Uncle had an 84 K30,the exhaust sustem was modified to duals,and ever since then it vibrated bad too,at 60 his was revving like 3700 RPM's so that might have had smething to do with it,but it didnt do it with the single exhaust.Other than that ,Id have someone rev the engine,and look under the ttruck,and under the hood for things vibrating,and buzzing.Good luck.

3. MTCK

MTCK Senior Member

If you're running duals a cross over tube between the pipes will cut the resonance a bit. I had duals on my 6.2 and I just got used to shouting when someone was riding with me and we were going down the highway. I'd check your clearances around your pipe(s) and make sure that they aren't vibrating on anything.

Marcus

4. rodnbow1

rodnbow1 Junior Member

Thanks fellas. I will try both suggestions.