1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Diesel Tuner Opinions

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by SpruceLandscape, Sep 25, 2006.

1. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape Senior Member

Ok guys, same truck as before, 06 2500 CR610. I was able to negotiate the extended 6 year 100k bumper to bumper in my purchase so I don't want to take a chance of making any modifications that will void that warranty. That being said... what might be my best option for getting a programmer for this truck? So far, I think my best bet is to stay with a plug in programmer rather than going with a module or something similiar since it is pretty non-invasive to the wiring harness and such, but can the dealers find out that it was ever reprogramed? Second... If I can get away with that, I have only found a small number of reputable companies that make plug in programmers for the CR610 since I apparently can not use ones that were made for 2004.5-05 trucks, at least that's what I have been told. The ones I have found are from Superchips and PPE. I'm not looking for the performance aspect as much as I am for the MPG when I'm not plowing and maybe a slight increase in power when I am (although I have yet to see if I will need much more power while plowing since it hasn't snowed yet lol). Anyone who has experience with these or knowledge as to reliability of the products and my warranty would be greatly appreciated.... again... lol Sorry for the long post, Chuck

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Leave it stock, all programmers leave a "thumb print" in the trucks computer. Don't risk having them void your warrenty.

3. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Epic hit it right on the head. You will void your warranty if you do a programmer because the dealer will see the footprint left by the chip. If you really want to do one, the Smarty is one to try. It has 9 levels or so with all different types of settings.Another chip to consider is the Edge EZ chip with the highest setting being 65hp gain. This may be the way you want to go because it will give you a nice power addition without risking the chance of damaging the motor.