1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Diesel Trouble

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Tony Gump, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Tony Gump

Tony Gump Junior Member

I own a 1999 Ford F250 Super Duty 7.3 liter extended cab. The problem I am having is every morning when I start the truck and back out of my driveway, put it into drive, step on the gas, the truck does not want to go. The rpms go up very slowly and it feels like the truck is starting in second gear. Even after the truck warms up it still has some hesitation. When I purchased the truck it did not have this problem. It has been in the shop several times and Ford says this is normal.

If anyone has a similar problem or can offer any advise or a solution I would appreciate the information.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2004
  2. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

Sounds like the transmission form the description,Listen for any howling when putting into gear sounds worse in reverse...

3. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

It has something to do with motor. My truck was doing same thing. They reflashed it and changed a sensor. Ask this question on this forum, all it is for fords and they will def help you there.

http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/

4. Tony Gump

Tony Gump Junior Member

reply to rob1325 and camland

thanks for the response.
    Camland...I do not have any howling in the transmission...
    rob1325... Do you know what kind of sensor?

any other ideas would be helpful