1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Diesel Super Duty owners

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by rtm038, Sep 12, 2006.

1. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

I'm gonna be installing a 9' X-Blade on my '06 F-350 with the PSD. Because the diesel and dual batteries (and all the other crap) take up so much room under the hood, I'm having trouble finding a suitable place to mount the Isolation Module. Anybody got pics showing where your I/M is mounted?

2. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Lay it on the brake lines and wiring that is by the area of the master cylinder and hold it in place with a couple of zip ties. It ain't ideal by any means but there is really no other place.

3. go plow

go plow Senior Member

mine is on the drivers side firewall behind the air box on the 02 f-350 powerstroke

4. twodan

twodan Member

module mounting

while i don't have a ford, my module is on top of the primary battery. installer lifted the battery's top hold down bracket & stuck it there between the battery & bracket. don't know if that will work for you.

5. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

That sounds a little messed up. I don't think I would have let them do that to my truck.

6. twodan

twodan Member

module location

actually it appears to be a good location. all connections are accessable, and i think the warmth of the battery keeps moisture from condensing on the module and connections. to change the battery, all that needs to be done is remove the bracket, lift the module out of the way and proceed. like i said, may not be ideal for you, but works for me.
    dan

7. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

Ckecked today and saw mine on the top of the drivers side battery held down with two strips of velcro, very easy to take off if you have to replace battery.. I have a 2006 f550 diesel with extreme V.

8. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

Ckecked today and saw mine on the top of the drivers side battery held down with two strips of velcro, very easy to take off if you have to replace battery.. I have a 2006 f550 diesel with extreme V.

9. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

Thanks for the replies everyone. Should have my wiring in by the weekend, so I'll see how it goes.

10. Pat M

Pat M Member

I stuffed mine just behind the drivers headlight crossbar and the battery. It is held in place by a couple of zip ties. If you want pics just send me an email and I can take 1 or 2 tomorrow for you.

11. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

I have a 2001 Ford Excursion with a 7.3L PSD

Diddo on the top of the Driver's side battery

I took the top half of the battery box off positioned the module on it ( plugs facing forward) marked two holes on opposite corners, drilled 1/4" holes and bolted it with stainless 1/4-20 bolt and lock nuts. Ran the harnesses behind the grill to the outside plugs, ran the power cable across the top of rad support, placed the solenoid behind the Pass side battery.

hope that helps

12. mrplowjr_ez_v

mrplowjr_ez_v Member

Mine is located directly forward of the hood latch, with the wiring going down a hole in the rubber top piece thing.

I found that the vibration of the diesel caused the wires to rub on the brake lines, so moving it to this location allows me to relocate all lines to the fenders. and out of the engine compartment