1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Diesel Snowplow Trucks

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by BOSS_JG, Oct 30, 2013.

1. BOSS_JG

BOSS_JG Senior Member

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

So this is common knowledge. There are plenty of us with big plows hanging off the front of our diesels. Now, why hasn't any of big plow manufactures come up with a plow that will "work" on these trucks? We can fake a moon landing but can't build a plow for a diesel? :salute:

3. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Thanks for the link.

My truck, according to your site's "truck plow selector" says that I'm supposed to be running a 8.2 poly blade VXT power v. When I look at the DXT model, which is the one I would want if / when I upgrade to a Boss plow, the DXT model is only 78 lbs more. So the question is.... will 78 lbs make all that bit of a difference on my truck ? Can't see how it would, but then again, I guess you have recommendations based upon truck specs.

right ?

4. BOSS_JG

BOSS_JG Senior Member

What year is your truck? We are still finishing up the calculations for the DXT models so it's possible your truck year has not been completed. If you provide me with your truck specs, I can have our service team run an application for you. Thank you!

5. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

Sure, but it's in my signature...

6/1992 Dodge W250 4x4 Club Cab Diesel, 4500 LB front axle.

The door jamb sticker says.

GAWR front 4060 lb
    GAWR Rear 6084 lb

THE GVWR says 8510

Thanks again !

6. BOSS_JG

BOSS_JG Senior Member

You are correct, we do follow the truck manufacturer guidelines. I had the service team run your truck specs and unfortunately, with the combination of the diesel engine, club cab and low FGAWR, the DXT is not recommended even though the plow only weighs 78lbs more. Wish I had better news to share.

7. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

Well, I can just take the front fenders, grille, hood and doors, passenger seat, center console, windshield, rear glass, headliner and floor mats off of the truck, and put some lightweight masking tape over the frame and openings to keep me warm and the engine dry, then I'll be good to go. :mechanic:

8. Blk04Snake

Blk04Snake Junior Member

Glad I bought a Ford F350 with plow package, 6000lb FAWR. I can bolt any plow on the front of it that I wish.

9. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

6 speed Fummins on the "wish list"......

10. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

U didnt have to by a F350 to do that.