1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

diesel programmer

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by itsgottobegreen, Aug 4, 2005.

1. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Ok I got my new to me 1999 F-350 4x4 dump truck finally. It has the 7.3 turbo with 4.10 gears so the mpg suck. Its between 9 to 11 mpg. :realmad: Plus with my enclosed trailer acting like a wind sock isn't helping. So I want to save some $$$ payup in fuel.

Ok you got me. I really just want to smoke some rice burners with my coal burner. :rolleyes: :D Nothing is better then the look of the guy's face driving a souped up Honda civic getting beaten by a dump truck towing a trailer. LOL

So what programmer is the best:
    superchip chip and micro tuner
    Bully dog
    Others I missed ???

What do you run?
    Which give the best bang for the buck?
    Which gives the best performance with out damaging the motor?
  2. caz41

caz41 Member

My buddy has the Edge Juice/Attitude set-up. He seems to like it, however I can give you no first hand experience...
  3. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

I first ran the Hypertech PP III in my 99 it gave it a pretty good power increase about 50HP to the rear wheels, but then I wanted more and got a chip that would put 75HP to the rear wheels from TS Performance. A 75 HP chip is the very biggest that you want to go without running any other gauges (exhaust temp, engine temp, ect). Some people will say not to even run a chip without gauges, but as long as the person drives with their head removed from their a$$, it is fine. I now have a TS 4 position chip in my 99, and a 4 pos. chip in my 03 that was custom burned for the different injectors, intake, propane, exhaust, and turbo that I am running. Basically you can go as big, or as small as you want.

If you are looking for just a little better power and mileage increase, look at the Hypertech or Superchips tuners. Also you can got the TheDieselStop.com for more info.