1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Diesel Prices!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Timbercrk1, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Timbercrk1

Timbercrk1 Member

What is going on with Diesel prices. Go to fill up and it jumped another 10 cents to $3.27 a gallon in a week. Anybody have an answer?? Gas is 40 cents cheaper! God damn politics!!!!!!!!:gunsfiring:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2007
  2. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

ya no kidding ... it is $3.45 here right by O'Hare Aiport. I stopped using my 7.3 diesel dump for lawn care and Im sending out my V10 since gas is only $2.80 here. Never thaught I would see the day my diesel sits.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2007
  3. DuallySnoPusher

DuallySnoPusher Senior Member

Its about $2.95 here in the STL. I'll send some to ya!!!

4. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

3.09 here in Bloomfield, NJ. Another place in Bloomfield off the GSP is 3.75:eek: Talk about highway robbery...

5. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

3.19 to 3.25 here

6. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

remember the good ole days ( 03' ) when diesel was $1.25. ya me either:mad:

7. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

number 2 heating oil get locked in and put a 550 tank with a pump and you can buy the dye

8. mc1

mc1 Senior Member

first off i would like everyone to remember that hummers and tanks don't get the greatest mileage so much diesel is going right back to where it came from and that increases demand across the board. plus this happens every year about this time people are just starting to buy heating oil so the price goes up in a month it will be back down !!!! I HOPE

9. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Averages $3.25 here, we have also reduced the use of some of our diesel trucks where we can. It's cheaper to drive the gas trucks, regardless of the lower fuel milage!

10. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

My favorite spot in town was $2.99 tonight.

11. Sharpshooter77

Sharpshooter77 Senior Member

Right Now here in Somerville, Ma. Diesel is 2.89 and gas is 2.59 anit that bad a difference, I am still going to buy a diesel, My F-350 with the 351 never got better than 9.5 miles to the gallon. I am looking a 1993 F-250 with the 7.3 diesel tomarrow Hopfuly I get it.

12. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

You actually think that we refine the fuel then ship it back over seas for our military?? Dude i hope your kidding.

13. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

0.93/LITER here in ontario. I hope it goes down, I just bought my diesel!!!!

Cheers
    Jeff

14. PLOWMAN45

we sell our oil to iraq russia and china for like nothing and the war is costing a lot of money dont think for second the forgien countries are helping us

15. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

Gas $2.78
    Diesel $3.15

16. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Note sure if the fumes are getting ya' or not. Just pony up to the 'ol boob-tube and watch one of those fancy cable channels like cnbc and they will tell ya' all about oil. And it aint the US selling to iraq, russia or china oil or processed goods.

Heating season is on us, speculators have been bidding up raw supply on hopes of world issues and just this week the gov announced inventory was a little lower than the dreamers wanted. But, this is just recent news - last 2 months. Prior to that still no reason fuel prices went up and up.

17. PLOWMAN45

Its ok i been in the oil buisness for 15 years i know what im talking about

18. Joshjeepcj7

Joshjeepcj7 Member

getting 2.97 diesel 2.63 gas

19. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

the reason for my comment was that my brother is in Iraq with the Army and he said whenever they need fuel, they just fillup at thier (Iraqs) gas stations for free. They dont run back to base to get fueled up although they do have fuel there as well. We are just talking about 2 different things.

20. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

Gas 2.999
    Diesel 3.299