1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Diesel or Gas for a new plow truck?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by bignatewilson, May 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randall Ave

Randall Ave 2000 Club Member

I have both, but my diesel is a 7.3. a little over 100000. Miles. It's an 02. So it's got life left.

2. rick W

rick W Member

Have several, 7.3 ford is bullet proof. Cummins in a 09 dodge is pretty good. Could not pay me to get a new powerstroke. Buddies with a truck/diesel mechanic that get rich fixing 2-5 year old powerstrokes. Has nothing good to say about them. With all the emissions crap, just getting worse. I love the sound and smell, but just cant see them as a wise investment. Bullet proof simple and cheap diesel fuel all are from days gone by. Now so complicated and fuel is crazy for diesel. Foreman has the cummins cause it makes him happy but financially, not wise. Just my opinion. Plus if its your daily driver...while sounding cool, damn do the neighbours hate it when you hit your fob to warm it up at 3am in the drive.

3. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Deleted. Not worth it.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    FredG and Dogplow Dodge like this.
  4. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Deleted. Also not worth it.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    Dogplow Dodge and Philbilly2 like this.
  5. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 PlowSite Veteran

Deleted... also... not worth it...

Dogplow Dodge likes this.
  6. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

Closing this...and why post and then edit to say deleted, not worth it :rolleyes:

FredG, Randall Ave and SnoFarmer like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.