1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Diesel mechanics in Northern Virginia

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by DodgeRam1996, Aug 2, 2010.

1. DodgeRam1996

DodgeRam1996 Senior Member

Is anyone here a diesel mechanic in Northern Virginia (Fairfax, etc) that wants to come and take a look at my truck (2000 F450 superduty)?

Or can you recommend a good shop in the area?

2. novaplow

novaplow Junior Member

If anyone has any recommendations on a good local mechanic, please post.
  3. DieselLover

DieselLover Junior Member

what are the symptoms maybe someone can atleast point you in the right direction on whats even wrong
  4. novaplow

novaplow Junior Member

Nothing specific, I own two Ford F250 7.3 trucks one for work and one for pleasure and an E350 6.0 , all of which need general maintenance at times.

To be honest, they have all run great.

I've been pretty happy taking my trucks to High Tech in Chantilly whenever I need work done. Tires, suspension, shocks, front end work, that type of stuff. They did a REALLY good job on my Jeep Wranglers suspension lift a few years ago.

However, I've never had to rely on them yet for any complex engine work on the Diesels. I'm just trying to get a feeler for who's out there that does good work.

I'm mostly interested in aftermarket performance parts. I'd also like to put an ORU Steering assist onto one of my trucks at some point since it has bigger tires and a 4" lift.

Here is a picture of it when it was sitting in the showroom before I bought it, and NO it does not have a plow on it, lol.