1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Diesel Guys

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by RTL Garage, May 12, 2009.

1. RTL Garage

RTL Garage Junior Member
    from Chicago

2. miltonplower

miltonplower Senior Member
    from ontario

wow is that street legal and how much hp on it?

3. RTL Garage

RTL Garage Junior Member
    from Chicago

I am not exactly sure the HP, but he is completely street legal. The nitrous adds a little jump :jester:

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

12.40's........that's it??

5. RTL Garage

RTL Garage Junior Member
    from Chicago

watch the whole video

6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

11.98, that's it

I'm bustin balls ;)

7. RTL Garage

RTL Garage Junior Member
    from Chicago

your bustin balls today?

8. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Nitrous? in a Diesel? Water Meth maybe or Propane. Nitrous just send pyro's off the chart

9. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Lots of guys spray. It's not bad for a diesel, especially for only 10-12 seconds.

Water meth or water is ok, propane is old school and mainly used for economy purposes than performance ;).

10. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

11. RTL Garage

RTL Garage Junior Member
    from Chicago

Hopefully will have some how to video's up next week!!!

12. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Nitrous doesn't increase EGT's. It isn't a fuel, it's an oxidizer. Propane is a fuel and will pre detonate around 60 psi of boost from a set of compounds and melt pistons. Please don't ask me how I know this.....:cry: (Sigh)

Diesels love nitrous. Remember, a gasser throttles on air. A diesel throttles on fuel. You couldn't 'lean out' a high performance diesel if you wanted to. The problem isn't too much boost, it's keeping the cylinder head on the block. Nothin' like 135 psi of turbo boost.

The Schied puller used to see 215 psi from 2 HX-82s and stuff started comin' apart behind the bellhousing. They've since turned it down to about 135 psi. The Banks Drag Racer is in the 7 second range. The Audi R-10 turbodiesels dominate the 24 Hours of LeMans.

If you ain't a diesel guy yet, you will be.

Last edited: May 18, 2009
  13. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I forgot to add, that 's a lifted daily driver on 1 turbo. Plenty more of those around dipping into the 10's and driving to work every morning ;)

Well put.