1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Diesel F-150 ?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by magnatrac, Mar 15, 2007.

1. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

I was looking around the net for stuff on ford trucks and found a few different articles about ford releasing a diesel powered F-150. It looks as if this could happen as soon as the 08 model year( time will tell ). It is rumored to be a 4.4 liter turbo V8 based off of the 3.6 currently offered in the range rover. The 3.6 makes 267hp. and 472ft.lbs. of torque. None of the info I found gave any specs on the 4.4, but they did say it would probrbly be brought in from europe. The newest info I found was from late oct.06. If this is old news sorry for posting, but I think it would be nice to see a better option than the 5.4. Wonder if they are working on a new trans too!!!
  2. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

that is an amazing amount of hp for a small truck, more than a PSD. i read somewhere Chrysler will do the same thing, they already have with that mercedes/dodge van
  3. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

These trucks already have diesels for many years now, just not in the states. Even the Ranger has a diesel, just not in the states. When I was plowing for another Co. we did the Detroit Diesel plant. They were working on putting diesels into the dakotas and Durangos how bad ass is that. Its on the way to the states just not soon enough.
  4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

They can put a Diesel in a lot of vehicles. I have owned 2, An 81 Toyota long bed deluxe, it got 30 MPG my Dad bought it from me at 100K, It was getting 35MPG when he sold it at 200K. My 85 VW Golf was getting 50 MPG
    ( I checked the MPG many times,I didn't believe it either) when we traded it in on a Mini Van at 140K. My Next truck will be a Diesel no doubt about it !
  5. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

the newer vw bugs, and don't forget the jeep liberty have em too.
  6. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Yup and there bad ass also. Not because of what they are but the motors.:)
  7. UglyTruck

UglyTruck Senior Member

I was told that they discontinued the Liberty diesel due to low sales #'s...

not sure if it is true ....
  8. J29

J29 Senior Member

Liberty Diesel

They discontinued the Liberty Diesel because it couldn't meet the new emission standards. That motor was an Italian make that had been around for quite a few years before Jeep started using it. I was seriously considering buying one to replace my 2000 Mountaineer V8 to try and save some gas. Once I heard it was going bye bye, I decided to look elsewhere. They still have a CRD Grand Cherokee I believe though. I wish GM still made the full-size 2 door blazer with a diesel. I always wanted one fo those. Best of both worlds, SUV capability and a diesel. J.
  9. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I had a 94 2 door Yukon, It had to be one of my favorirte Vehicals. I got more complements on the truck. it was gas but at the time I knew nothing about Deisels. If I knew then what I know now, it would have been one.