1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Diesel Emissions

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by 86burban, Oct 15, 2004.

1. 86burban

86burban Senior Member
    from chicago

I just bought an 84 F250 heavy duty (heavy duty brakes, axles, suspension) that was at one time a 6.9 diesel. A few years ago, it was converted to a 302 gas engine. It has all of the emission parts installed on it. I live in the state of Illinois. Do they test diesels for emissions?

2. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

To the best of my knowledge they still do not emission test diesels. But that being said, I see you are in the Chi area, that will be the first area to test if and when they do, just like when the gas emission tests were implimented. I now live in the Rockford area and they still do not test gasers here.
  3. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

No emission tests for light duty diesels yet. If you get an emission test card in the mail, all you need to do is go to the emission test facility, by pass the line, and go straight to the office so they can verify that it isn't a gasser. After that, they will exempt you from further tests until the day they start testing diesels.