1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

diesel chip

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by aees115, Dec 12, 2004.

1. aees115

aees115 Member

i have a quick questions about chips for diesels
    i have a 04' ford 6.0 diesel. i am debating between the banks kit and the "edge juice" the edge gives you like 40 lbs more torque then the banks... the banks is about 200 bucks cheaper. i am not really concerned about price but the performance and quality what do you guys recommend?

2. MOW ME OVER

MOW ME OVER Senior Member

I have not looked into the Edge Juice or the Banks chips and tuners but the one thing that I will tell you is to make sure whatever you buy that you can take it out or install the factory program back into it before you take it into the dealer for work. I know that the Diablo Predator tuner will reinstall the factory tune in a couple of minutes. I know that for the dealership to revoke your warranty that they have to prove that the chip or tuner caused the problem but trust me it is much easier if they have know idea that there was ever anything aftermarket hooked into your PCM.

I dont know if you have looked into the Diablosport.com web site and compared numbers to the banks and Edge, if not it is worth looking into becuase theirs are actual rear wheel horsepower gains and I love my Diablo tuner. Not that crap estimated flywheel horsepower.

Just a thought for you.

3. aees115

aees115 Member

thats another concern for me too. i bought an extended warranty so i paid extra so i am not doing things that can be changed back to stock specs relatively easily

4. neversatisfied

neversatisfied Member
    from ct

just fyi.My powerstroke is in at the deale rnow for a tranny shifting problem(very high line presure)The tranny is warrentied(new ford one installed by the previous owner)Well i had a chip on the computer and pulled it just in case so i dont have to hear the dealer complain about it and say that it was the problem.Well when they put the break out box on the truck to do all the tests it came up with a code that there was a chip there.I run piggyback chips that are supposedly undetectible.I know the dealer very well and also know the mechanic very well so i know hes not lying.Not that i care really,the trucks not warrentied so i can chip it or not.But just something to think about.To me now its not worth losing the warrenty for some extra power(but the extra power was soooo nice).

5. psdiesel24

psdiesel24 Member

personnally i would go with banks they have been around the longest and also they do more than just give you more than more diesel for power its a conbination of things. I currently run a super chip and pretty satisfied with it but im going to order a new truck here and i think im going to try the banks 6 gun diesel tuner.

6. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

I have both of my 99 and 03 7.3L chipped. I run TS Performance chips in both of my trucks. My mileage went up about 2-3 mpg with the chip installed. My 99 has a 75 hp chip, 4" down pipe into 5" the rest of the way back, AIRRAD intake, DT 530 injectors, fueal system mods and was putting out 392hp/804 lb ft of torque at the rear wheels. My 03 has a 4 position chip (stock/50/90/135+), 4" turbo back exhaust, Mini-Me injectors, custom intake, propane injection, and fuel system mods, the last time that I had it at the dyno it was putting out 501hp/952 lbft at the rear wheels. Haven't chipped my 05 yet, I am going to wait until it has about 5,000 miles on it. I have been trying to deside to put in another TS chip or got to Bully Dog or Edge this time. I am kinda thinking about trying Bully Dog I have heard lots of good things about them.

As for Banks systems, I personally think that there are alot better systems on the market. And that Banks is a little too over rated for what they are. But that it just my opinion.