1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Didn't Want To Hijack, ATV Plowing Info Needed Please

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by occ3377, Dec 7, 2007.

1. occ3377

occ3377 Member

Ok heres the story, I just got my WARN 60' plow on my '06 foreman 500 and set it up and have a couple of questions. Did anyone have a problem with the mounting plate, under the fourwheeler, not lining up with the u-bolts not lining up cause i did and it seems like when i put the plow on it is slightly angled to one side. Another question is with the plow/wheeler set up what do you think i should be doing for weight on the racks and what you would think the top speed i could go going up and down blacktop roads for over a mile.

I am sorry for the long post but i dont want to mess up my wheeler or plow but want it to be efficient:waving:

thanks for amy help:drinkup:

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I don't use weight on my quad. If I was to use some, maybe a plywood box with bricks in it or a 5 gallon bucket off the back filled with cement. How about chains instead? My 4x4 Rancher goes just fine without weight or chains. Then again, my big butt is on it :rolleyes:

Double check that the u-bolts are in the right spots. It shouldn't be that hard to straighten it out....given that it is the right mount..

3. Dailylc

Dailylc Senior Member

I have an 04' foreman and have never had to put weight on the bike and I'm a small guy. I used the bike 2 yrs ago to clear 24" off sidewalks with not an ounce of problems. As far as the plate goes, just double check the placement of the plate. It should nt be hard to install. good Luck,
    James

4. occ3377

occ3377 Member

ok thanks guys. the plate is on and has to be in the right area cause i was able to tighten them, but i believe that one of the welds for a cross support on the wheelers frame is getting in the way for one side thus throwing all of it off by just enough

5. stc911

stc911 Junior Member
    from Iowa

Got a moose 60" county plow. Got bracket and ran in to the problem u have a weld pushing stuff slightly askew. Re drilled hole and install was ok. Don't use any weight as moose is plenty heavy especially when in 4wheel drive. One nice addition i added was a self contained hydraulic ram so I din't have to keep getting off the bike each time I wanted to change direction. I've since bought a 1990 f250 with 7.5 western plow. My son has used it around the neighbor hood and It seems to work ok.
    Good luck. A cab enclosure might be nice with a little heater thas runs off propane. in cab.

6. occ3377

occ3377 Member

could you elaborate on how you mounted the ram and the controls. also does it require a reservoir. Pics would really help too,

thanks

7. stc911

stc911 Junior Member
    from Iowa

Wasn't all that hard. I got it from a sompany named American Manufacturing plow Ram. I can't remember but they are some where in MN or WI. I'm sure if you google the name it will come. They sell most brands of plows for quads. Regardless it wasn't 2 much bout 300 or so. I have used it several years now and it's a time saver as well as a back saver climbing on an off. THere is another cable powered on a lot cheaper but din['t look strong enough for heavy snows.and the kit has all wiring and switches. I ended up putting a 24 THe unit is completly self contained series battery on the back ena removing the cables to my small battery. Worked great that way. hope this helps. email me at stc91@mchsi.com if you need more help.

8. occ3377

occ3377 Member

thanks for the info stc911, last question since they didnt give me a price on there website, would you mind giving me the price you paid?

9. stc911

stc911 Junior Member
    from Iowa

It was between 275 maybe to 325 don;t remember for sure, GIve them a call they were very helpful. Good luck. BTW tolerances are pretty tight with plow frame. Again I added a 24 series battery and ran it through my yusa battery. Worked great. Each time you swivel the blade you;ll smile.

10. occ3377

occ3377 Member

ok thanks, i know i will check into that