1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Did you hear???

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by bobcat s-160, Apr 7, 2007.

1. bobcat s-160

bobcat s-160 Senior Member
    from MI

Hey did anyone else hear about john deere coming out with two new skid steers? I heard they are going to be the radius lift path. One is going to be rated at 1,300 and the other at 1,500 i think. John deere makes a good skid steer. I was talking with this guy today and the motor went out of his skid steer. It happened before on his other one too. twice before, both the same brand.With about 3,000 hours on them. But on the last one it cost $10,000 to fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is going to make a switch to Gehl skidders. Is he making a good choice? Anything bad about Gehl?
  2. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i have run a Gehl since 1999 and i think they are one of the most overlooked machine. mine is old but at the time it was the best rated machine out there on the market. i believe that they still are at the top for lifting and hp. they are also about the most expensive some where in the neighborhood of $53k for the big one
  3. ABM

ABM Junior Member

I agree, Gehl makes great skid steers. We've had several of them with no major issues.