1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Did the switch.....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ProSno, Sep 17, 2003.

1. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

I put all synthetic in my 5 speed tranny, transfer case and rear end-wow what a difference shifting. I usually shift without the clutch just from driving standards all my life and with this synthetic oil its much smoother, no actually a lot smoother. Thanks guys.

2. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Hahaha now im gonna have to come to the shop and play with your trucks Bill.

No clutch ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. So do you like the saying "If ya can't find em grind em :D"

Jay

3. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Oh, ye youngsters of little knowlege!

That's the sign of a real truck driver! Clutch? We don't need no stinkin' clutch!

Any truck driver will tell you, you use the clutch once to start the truck rolling, no more.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2003
  4. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Starting and stopping that is about it. Once you learn how to do it then it is simple.

5. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

Like Pelican said "we dont need no stinking clutch" were a real trucker. As a matter of fact next time you come to my shop Jay you will have to refer to me as Mr. Suipertrucker Sir LOL:jester:

6. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Ok you can be MR SUPERTRUCKER if I can be MR PLOW FANATIC :)

as long as you guys dont start telling me you angle the plow without touching the joystick or control pad ill be ok :D

Jay

7. bwamx

bwamx Member

What Jay you don't know how to do that either?:confused:
    Kids.

Thats what they make curbs for .:eek:

Bill next time you guys pow wow give me a call.
    :p
    BoB

8. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Thats scary I guess winters on its way good Ol' Bob is back. Hey buddy we all have to meet up soon :)

Jay

9. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

Do I sense a hooters day coming up???:drinkup:

10. SnowProGRES

SnowProGRES Member

i feel pretty dumb out here in buffalo.... Ive been using the clutch just because it was there.... How do you feel when to shift??:confused: