1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Did some work to snowcat and tractor.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Kybol, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Kybol

Kybol Senior Member
    from Alberta

Well we spend a couple days but finally got the webasto heater in the snow cat, sorry fotr the crappy pics, I need a real camera.

Parked in the shop:
    [​IMG]

Heater:
    [​IMG]

Controller mounted up in the dash, it is the square thing on the right kinda in the middle:
    [​IMG]

Now it will be nice and toasty in the mornings after sitting over night. The heater taps into the diesel and circulates the coolant through it and the engine, just set the start time on the controller and it is running when you get there in the morning.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2008
  2. Kybol

Kybol Senior Member
    from Alberta

Pulled the blade out of the junk pile and threw it on the tractor, and then got the tractor running and back together:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. heavyiron

heavyiron Member

having that cat warm in the morning must be nice. Is that a Pisten Bully? I've been wanting to build a blade for my JD318 ( the blower does not work all that well in slush ).

Looks good.

4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like a Bombardier to me. I think PB's are all red as far as I've always seen.

5. plowindiesel

plowindiesel Senior Member

yea pisten bullys are all red...do u drive the cat with two joysticks? ive been wanting to drive one for a while now

6. Kybol

Kybol Senior Member
    from Alberta

It has the one joystick in the pic for the blade (12 way), but to drive it, there are 2 levers on the left arm rest.

7. bakerc8

bakerc8 Senior Member

that snowcat is so cool