1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Did some maintenance, now it don't work...

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by ChevKid03, Oct 16, 2008.

1. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Well, I had a hydraulic hose that was about rotted through so I replaced it today, while I was at it, I drained and filled the resevoir and changed the fluid. Also, I took the electrical connections off of the pump to clean with a wire brush then put them all back together and sprayed with battery terminal spray to keep corosion off... .Well, I put it back together and it seemed to work fine up and down left and right for about 10 seconds...then nothing... I checked the connections and everything seemed tight, I can here the solenoid clicking under the hood etc... Anyone have any suggestions?? I should have just left the friggin thing alone cause it was working fine but I just wanted to clean it up.. PLEASE HELP! :help:

2. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member

Try removing your ground and replacing it, that is usually the culprit!

3. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

I just think its weird that I had the connections off and it worked fine for a few minutes, then it sihts the bed....

4. tom_mccauley

Try pampers baby dry they seem to work best (at least on me any ways!!!!):jester::jester::jester: It really sucks being OLD!!!!

5. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Well, got it fixed, turns out that the solenoid under the hood went. It was clicking but no good. I threw in a new one and works fine now.

6. tom_mccauley

Thanks for the update and good luck this year!!payuppayuppayup

7. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

thanks! you too..wesport

8. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

how old was the solenoid ?

9. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

solenoid must have been since 05. I bought the plow used off of my neighbor that didn't use it much. I noticed that one side seemed "melted". popped a new one on and plow worked fine. I was "working the plow for a few minutes though... I was constantly dropping and lifting it over and over again to get the fluid warm. Not sure if that did something or not.

10. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

i hope got a spare so if she dies at 2 am you have parts ;)

11. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Oh I will now.... The one I had I picked up THAT DAY to use as a spear if something ever happened.... looks like I'll be picking up a few more...

12. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i m surprised the curtis reps arent then again i sent them a letter and no response

13. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

The melting of the side of the solenoid could have been from a poor ground or too much resistance in the wiring somewhere, or even a worn motor. If you had excess resistance that heated the solenoid, it could have heated other wires and connections, then the spray you applied may have weeped into that connection causing even more resistance. I would check and reclean all connections anyway, and maybe test the motor for worn bushings.

14. festerw

festerw Senior Member