1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Did some calling around for prices

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Bad Luck, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

..on a 760LT, cheapest I got so far was 3799.00 + tax installed. Two years ago I was getting quotes at 2700.00 installed. This is nuts!!!

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Yup, everything goes up in price every year. Everything that is except for lawn care and snow removal.

3. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Wantads up here have the 7.5 for $2895 to $3295 installed. Does not say if they are the LT or the HD though. Might be best to shop around or take a drive. :)

Chris

4. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

i called around as well looking for a 760LT, i even called before winter prices went up, cheapest i could find was 3400.00 cash and carry.

5. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I think I paid around $31-3200 for mine a couple years ago.

6. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I paid 2895.00 plus tax for my 860 installed last oct. 1 year later they are $1000 more (since bought by Western)

7. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

Hey Bad Luck, I am selling mine if you're interested. It is 2 yrs old with not too many hours on it. Never had a problem with it. Selling because my wife just gave birth to our son and I don't want to be out all times of the day and night. asking $2000. PM me if you're interested.

8. jax1013

jax1013 Senior Member

fords ??

Bad luck,
    did you try Fords equipment over by Woodbridge? Depending where in jersey you are...Somethings he's good with and somethings he high..But he knows his stuff and he offers a loaner plow during a pinch. He also has some decent used ones. you could probably find it cheaper if you shop around but it is also good to have a local support. So sometimes cheaper, can be expensive, in the long run.
    Good luck, Jack

9. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Jack - 3700.00 Installed at Fords. 3800.00 @ Tony Sanchez, they're really the only ones in my area. I'm thinking about maybe calling Jerre's Service in Erie.

PlowVA - Check PM's.

10. Embalmer

Embalmer Senior Member

got quoted 3299 installed for a 760lt here in Peabody. +200 for timbrens installed. Beat the 4200 for the fisher installed. :D

11. Stone Mountain

Stone Mountain Member

Those prices are making me cry.
    Here in Canada everything costs more. Also, every dealer sells for exactly the same price, no discounts.

I bought a 7.5 Speedwing in October for $5895.00 Canadian, installed. A straight blade would have been $4895.00, plus tax, of course.
    The 8-10 on our F-350 was $7295.00, and the 8/6-11 on our F-550 was $8295.00.
    All plus tax.

12. Embalmer

Embalmer Senior Member

read somewhere here, that someone from canada drove here to the us just to get the plow and saved big.

13. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

yeah, I told a guy about Portsmouth Ford and he drove down to NH for a Blizzard, saved a ton. They're advertising 8 foot straights hundreds cheaper than those NJ prices for 760s.

14. SnowDozers

SnowDozers Member

Western didn't buy Blizzard. Douglas did. Slight difference.

15. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Hey Badluck did you buy one yet? Portsmouth Fords website says $2895 installed on a F150, can't imagine it would be much different for a Chebby. Not too far for a $1000

16. jhook

jhook Senior Member

Ya, that was me. In fact, I saved so much that I have been back down for another one since. I sold my used Blizzard up here for almost what the new one cost me :)

17. cowboysfan

cowboysfan Junior Member

Thats how it should be,this crap going all over the place to save 1or 2 hundred dollars is a bunch of bullchit.And then when u have a problem u want the guy that was higher in price to fix it under warranty because hes closer,if I WAS A DEALER I would throw your sorry butt out of my shop in the direction of the cheaper dealer.:gunsfiring: