1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Did it hurt the truck?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mkwl, Sep 29, 2007.

1. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

My uncle was borrowing my truck this afternoon to pick up a TV. Anyway, he was backing my truck back up my driveway, faster than he should have been, and smacked the front passengers tire into the curb pretty hard. My question is- did he hurt anything? It didn't bend the rim or anything like that, but just wanted to see if you guys thought any damage might have been done.

Thanks,
    Matt

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

prolly not does it still track straight while driving?? the main thing that happins when whacking a curb like that is knocking it out of alignment.

3. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I haven't driven it a long distance yet since he hit it, seems to be okay though (as far as tracking goes).

4. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

just look at the integrity of the tire. If there's a gash in it, you'll end up with a problem, and if not then you're probably gonna be fine.

5. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

If you are really worried about it, take it in to a good shop and maybe throw it on an alignment rack. That will give you a good answer if he messed anything up

6. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

im sure its fine, my dad just had some lady hit his truck, her car his his passenger rim, and did no damage what so ever to his truck, but it messed her car up pretty bad, and he has no alignment problems. it takes alot to smack it out of alignment.

7. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

No, there's no gash in the tire, I took it for a drive to Church this morning- seems to be okay. :waving:

8. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

U just learned a valueble leason. Which is never ever ever let anyone every borrow your truck. I have a sticker on mine that says. "YES THIS IS MY PICKUP AND NO I WILL NOT HELP YOU MOVE"

9. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Believe me- I usually don't let ANYONE drive my truck- my uncle asked me to borrow it, I figured I could trust him not to hit anything, I guess not. I think the truck is okay, doesn't have any shimmy or anything.