1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Did I Make The Right Choice,,???

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by C35004X4, Jan 17, 2007.

1. C35004X4

C35004X4 Junior Member

Hey Everyone,, Im Really New To This Business, As A Matter Of A Fact First Year,, (no Snow Yet But Hopefull) My Question Is, I Bought A 1997 C3500 With 454 Auto, And A Myers 8' 6" Plow The Truck Has 85000 Miles,
    Good Truck For Plowing ???
    Thanks.. Also Any Tips You Can Give A Newbee'

OPPS YEA GUESS I SHOULD HAVE MENTION 4X4
    BOY, I SHOULD KNOW MY OWN TRUCK BETTER, I JUST WENT OUT SIDE TO TAKE A LOOK. ITS NOT A C3500 IT JUST SAYS 3500 ...

Last edited: Jan 17, 2007
  2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Dually 2wd and a lot of ballast in the bed and you'll be good. Carry a set of chains for emergencies and don't tackle too steep of hills. Have fun! We want pics too!

3. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Personally I would never try to plow with a 2wd, but like has been said with enough wait it should do okay!

4. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

If it's 4x4 then you should be fine. The 454 has plenty of power but gas mileage will be practically none. Be ready to be driving to the gas station on a regular basis.....:)

5. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

That's an excellent truck for plowing. You made a bad choice starting this season, but the chances of next season being as bad are slim to none.

Oh, and it probably is a K3500, but they never say it on the side of the truck.

6. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I noticed that it said C3500. C=2wd

7. DuallyVette

DuallyVette Member

C3500 4x4 = k3500

8. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

pics or ban, lol

9. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Nice video.But just one question what is all that white stuff rolling off the plow?

RCGM
    Brad