1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Did I hurt our new Superduty???

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by rob_cook2001, Oct 14, 2010.

1. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

I am pulling the plows out of storage tomorrow and wondering if I hurt our Superduty. I stored it inside with my skid plow but stored it upright (blade facing down with the frame up in the air). Do you guys thing I hurt anything? Like fluid seeping where it shouldn't? I didn't think about this until just now.
    Thanks
    Robert

2. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

nahh your all good. unless it's broken it is a sealed unit...

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Good chance when you flop it down fluid will run out from behind the pump cover, as that cover itself will hold a fair amount of the fluid that you'll find leaked out the internal breather from storing it vertically. In other words the fluid runs out the breather but is captured by the pump cover, thus you get a little surprise when you flop it down. :D

Won't damage anything though, just clean up your mess and top off the reservoir.

4. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

So I am ok to continue to store them this way? Well other than having to clean up a mess every spring lol.

5. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah you did I'll take it off your hands LOL...no you should be good.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sure no problem there, but next time pop the cover(s) off and replace the breather with a solid plug, they're just NPT thread, nothing special. This will keep the fluid in the reservoir where it belongs. :D

Just be sure to remember to remove them before the season begins again. A note/tag affixed right on the plow is a good reminder.