1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Did I get a good deal?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Sno4U, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Well, I finally took the plunge. i bought a Salt Dogg spreader spreader yesterday. Its the 1500 series(will go in my short bed Dodge 3500 (SRW). It does not have an extended chute(won't need it).
    End of season close out price of $2697.
    One year warranty - which basically, covers you for 1 season whether you buy it in Fall or now.
    The guy quoted me a price of around $200-$250 to install. That part sounded kinda high.

What do you guys think?:redbounce :redbounce :redbounce :redbounce

2. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Good deal, if he left the hat with it.
    Install it yourself. All all you have to do is run the wiring and mount the controller. It took me 2 hrs, but I ran everything the way I wanted it.

3. Silentroo

Silentroo Senior Member

It's a fine deal it you got the hat.

Install is fairly simple I believe you have to go through the firewall with some wires. If you are comfortable with that it is EASY if not it is still EASY but money well spent.

Enjoy.