1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Did GM put remanufactured alternators in NEW trucks?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mkwl, Dec 11, 2009.

1. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I had the hood on my truck up the other day to fill my washer fluid, and my buddy noticed that the decal on my alternator said "Remanufactured GM" with the AC/Delco emblem on it. So my question is- did GM put in a remanufactured alternator in the truck new, or was it replaced at some point (before I got the truck)?

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

which truck? if its the one in ur sig it is 7 yrs old... maybe u forgot bout putting it in lol

3. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Yes, the one in my sig. I bought the truck used in '07, and wasn't sure it it had been replaced before then... maybe I'm getting early stages of dimentia too- IDK lol

4. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

Yea they put remans in there cuz they put one in mine.

5. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

The dealer would install a rebuilt one, worked 32 years at GM truck and never saw a rebuilt part installed at the plant.

Mike

6. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Okay- so it's safe to assume that the alt was replaced at some point before I got the truck?

7. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

When you bought it new?

8. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Anyone else?

9. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

They do with Ford too.

They would label say Ford remanufactured. When they replaced parts.

10. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

My bad, the dealer put the reman in there.

11. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Gotcha- I guess mine was replaced by a dealer at some point before I bought it then...