1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Did Ferrandino & Sons pay to stake parking lot

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by wiseguyslawn, Dec 13, 2013.

1. wiseguyslawn

wiseguyslawn Senior Member

Curious if this company paid you to stake there parking lots or not?

THank you
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I would think you'd stake the lot to protect yourself from damaging any curbs. If you break them for sure you'll be getting the bill to fix them.
  3. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

:laughing: What's your contract with them state?
  4. procut

procut Senior Member

I have no experience with Ferrandino & Son's so I don't know what I'm even replying; but I wouldn't think they would pay for just that. They may put in the contract that sites must be marked / staked, but I wouldn't think you would receive any $$ specifically for staking.
  5. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Is there a reason you are asking?
  6. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Why would they pay you to protect anything that they exclude themselves from any liability from? They aren't going to pay you to protect yourself. If you damage anything, grass, flowers, shrubs, trees, curbs, or so on, that is an easy out for them not to have to pay you for the work you have done. Quite honestly, I don't know why anyone would pay to have a property staked for snow plow purposes. I have done this for 20 + years, and have never charged for staking!